About Me

My photo
I'm just a small town girl who wants to believe that love can happen, and last forever, while trying to figure out who I am, and learning to live life according to my own rules, and no one else's.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crazy Lately

So I feel like I should probably fill you in on the things that have been happening recently within my family.

To begin, I recently received news from my baby brother who is almost 20, that he is expecting a baby in 7 months. I CANNOT believe this. I still remember watching him play cars and yelling "lauwn" at age 3, because he couldn't quite get out Lauren. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that my baby brother is having a baby.


Next, my PopPop Foote has been diagnosed with cancer in his bladder. He is undergoing chemo, and honestly is handling the whole situation like a pro. He is such a strong man and I am proud of him for his faith and belief that everything is going to be ok.

                                                
Last, but most definitely not least, my Granny has been in the hospital for the past three days. She had a ministroke and they weren't certain what was causing them. The first night in the hospital she was determined not to stay there overnight because she had to get home to her dog, and do you know that my Granny, the stubborn lady that she is, actually went home that night and went back the next day. She received test after test, and finally today they determined the cause of her stroke. She has a PFO within her heart, which is something that is usually closed but instead is open on her, causing  particles and dirt within the blood to flow to the coronary artery leading to a stroke. Granny also has a blocked artery in her neck which is another problem causing the strokes. She will be going to a neurologist tomorrow.

                                                   
All of these obstacles that have been encountered within my family has only taught me to make sure that I appreciate each and every day, because you never know for certain when someone you love will be taken from you, or when something unexpected will happen to change everything.

Please keep my family in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. You will get through this! I know right now it probably feels like there is not a light at the end of your tunnel but you have to be that light for yourself, and I know you can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how we learn from THEIR faith in this! I have been blssed to have parents and you grandparents that have shown us how to have faith and trust in God.They are both so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, thank you for any you may have <3