About Me

My photo
I'm just a small town girl who wants to believe that love can happen, and last forever, while trying to figure out who I am, and learning to live life according to my own rules, and no one else's.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just a Dream

        A dream has power to poison sleep.  ~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "Mutability"



Don't you hate those dreams that when you wake, you still feel uneasy, as if the dream had actually taken place, and it takes you awhile to get your bearings, but that feeling of unease still lingers throughtout the day? I had that kind of dream last night, and upon waking this morning, I had to seriously think to see if it was a past memory or in fact, a dream.

Within my dream, my boyfriend and I had been spending the day together, and throughout the day we had gone to see friends of mine, and just enjoyed the day. As the day came to a close, Doug took my hands and looked me in the eyes and told me that we had some problems to work out, and that right now it just wasn't working out between us. I literally could feel my heart drop within my dream, sort of like that falling feeling that you get right before you wake from your dream because they say if you actually stay asleep during the fall you'll die, except I didn't wake up, I stayed asleep during the fall.

I remember telling him in the dream that I didn't understand where this was coming from, and that I thought everything was great. He proceeded to just keep saying, "I'm sorry", and holding my hands. Then the dream flashed to another scene with my friends and I talking at someone's house that I didn't recognize, then someone knocked on the door and when it was opened it was Doug, and we smiled at each other and just left together as if everything was great.

This dream was crazy, had absolutely no set story, but felt so realistic. I was definitely not a fan. I hate dreams like that. I would rather them be so far-fetched that it is impossible to try to analyze them.

I'm hoping the cause of the dream is because I was taking medicine for my cold; tonight there will be no medicine involved in my sleep so that maybe I will sleep peacefully.

1 comment:

  1. Bad dreams are the worst. I'm 23 and still to this day, no matter where I am, when I have a bad dream I have to tell my dad about it. It's so silly, but it's comforting when he listens and just makes the bad feeling go away.
    I've heard a lot of stories that dreams can mean things or what not- I think some dreams can but not all. Because I've def had dreams before that meant nothing (thank goodness) so I wouldn't worry about this one.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, thank you for any you may have <3