About Me

My photo
I'm just a small town girl who wants to believe that love can happen, and last forever, while trying to figure out who I am, and learning to live life according to my own rules, and no one else's.

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Little Things that Fill My Heart

My best friend Sara blogged today about the things that she finds valuable in her life, and she asked what our list would be if we were to write one about what we find valuable, so in response to her post, this is what my list would consist of.


  • Seeing my best friends after a lot of time has passed
  • Hearing Christian say my name and run to give me a hug
  • When Doug and I hug, and the feeling of not wanting to let go
  • Finding a new quote that really speaks to me
  • Singing at the top of my lungs in the car
  • Seeing a new movie, and falling in love with it
  • Reading a good book
  • Watching a new episode of One Tree Hill
  • Little comments or notes that my sister will leave me every now and then to let me know how much she cares
  • The feel of sunshine on my face after having been cold
  • Watching a smile spread across someone's face after I have said something to make them happy
  • Taking a ride with sbm just to clear our heads (something that hasn't been done in way too long)
  • Making my parents proud of me
  • Working hard towards something, and finally completing it successfully
  • Getting the first taste of my Granny's cheesecake
  • The way my hand seems to fit perfectly in Doug's
  • Receiving a phone call or text, and seeing that it's from hayles since she is terrible at the phone
  • Dancing stupidly in the car with best friends
  • Cuddling with my mom when I don't feel good
  • My favorite song coming on the radio
  • My sister having my quote page as her Home Page
  • Watching Grey's Anatomy with mom
  • My dad and/or stepdad telling me that they are proud of me
  • Receiving a card just because

Obviously, as Sara had mentioned in her blog, I could also go on forever about things that are of value to me. Most things that I find to be the most valuable, are small, intangible things that simply fill me with joy. The little things really are what make up a large part of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, thank you for any you may have <3