About Me

My photo
I'm just a small town girl who wants to believe that love can happen, and last forever, while trying to figure out who I am, and learning to live life according to my own rules, and no one else's.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 10: What I Dislike About Me

What do I dislike the most about myself?
 I dislike the fact that I constantly feel the need to please everyone. I get very upset, and let others dictate how I feel based on if I made them happy or not. I hate letting people down, and I understand that I can’t always make everyone happy, but knowing that I disappointed someone makes me feel terrible, and I tend to stress about making sure I do and say what others want me to do and say. I guess really I worry about others’ perceptions of me.

Being a people pleaser is hard work, and makes it so that sometimes I do not always do what makes me happy in the long run. Don’t get me wrong, I like to make people proud of me, but in terms of always doing what others want and tiptoeing around them, it gets to be very tiring. I want to get to the point where I am happy to just be me, and do what makes me happy, and if in the process I make others happy than it’s a double bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, thank you for any you may have <3