Phobia is defined as "a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous", while fear is defined as "a reason for dread or apprehension". Based on these particular definitions, I would have to say that as far as phobias go, I am unreasonably afraid of heights, regardless of if I am going over a bridge, or being on a rollercoaster. The idea of being in the air, and something happening and falling, just scares me beyond belief.
Regarding a fear of mine, I would have to say that I am afraid of being alone; more specifically of growing old without a romantic partner who is a constant in my life. I fear not being loveable or missable, and never having that one person who wants to stick with me through the bad and the good, and loves me no matter what.
There is a quote from One Tree Hill that says "People always leave", and that is what I fear.
I'm sure that everyone has at least one phobia or fear, that makes them feel discomfort or anxiousness, and when thought about they probably, just as I do, feel slightly ashamed at admitting these phobias or fears; however, I think it is only human to have these. It is alright to admit that certain things scare us in life, we in turn just have to face these fears and try to overcome them the best that we can.
As Gillian Andrews states, "Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.”




No comments:
Post a Comment
I love receiving comments, thank you for any you may have <3